Since my hair form dye experiences are a few of the most popular posts in my blogging history, I've promised I will keep you all posted whenever I am changing my hair color. This time around I was shooting for a deep dark burgundy brown color for fall :)
Normally, I would once again go with my Kao Bubble Hair dye (Read my Glossy Brown Here & Mocha Orange Here) but as a curious and responsible blogger, I decided to risk my life and try something new on my hair before you do with yours wtf. It is also a coincidence because a lot of western brands have (finally) come out with their foam dyes. Clariol nice'n easy foam dye in 5BR caught my attention with its gorgeous reddish brown color so I gave it a go...
How I feel about the product?
1) Wrong Color - The color came out much lighter than anticipated. It is not completely off but better products can definitely be found.
2) The Worst Smell - Normally the foam dyes have about the same level of smell as regular hair dyes. I have never come across any hair dye that has such strong smell. I legit almost passed out from extremely strong ammonia smell.
3) Flat Fowm - It does not foam up and is hard to apply just as a shampoo (unlike the Japanese ones). Look at my 1st picture as reference. It is not much of a difference than using a gel-form dye, which defeats the whole purpose of using a foam dye-_-.
4) Difficult Wash - I was aware of the difficulty to wash off the dye from my extremely long hair but still, 5 times? That's just too much.
5) Messy - Apart from all the bad things, the absolute worst part of this product is the mess that was made. The foam does NOT come out white. Look at the photo above. It got everywhere, bathtube, sink, bathroom rugs... my light blue towel was also ruined as it wouldn't come off even after 5 washes.
The good things?
1) Cheap and Widely Available - I got it from a cvs for about $10 and almost all drugstores carry it. But trust me, its not worth the hassle. I recommend paying a few more bucks to get a Kao/Liese one.
2) Smell - the smell after dye isn't as strong though I wonder if my 5 washes had anything to do with it.
Upper row - Natural Light
Lower Row - With Flash
The bottom line is the main purpose using a foam dye is for us newbies is to stay as clean and get the best even-ness as possible from a hair dye, unfortunately of which, this product does not deliver at all. I think the color came out okay though it was NOT the color I expected. Will I buy the product again? Absolutely not. Wayyyy too much hassle. I did not bother making a video of it but I wanna make this post because I simply want you all to stay away from it.