Until recently (my hair is getting super long and I am still too lazy to get it cut because it will destroy some aspects of FengShui wtf), I have no choice but to start looking out for solutions since I want to keep my long hair to maintain my femininity, at least on the outside.
I have discovered that straightening my hair helps avoid my long hair from getting tangled. It also provides a layer of shininess. But I do not do it on a daily basis and greedy me also wants a curler. I stumbled upon this 2 in 1 straightener + curler on amazon and it seems to get pretty good reviews on it. I went to check it out at ulta (where they have them on display so you can get a sense of it on your hands) and fell in love with it <3
|Love the look of it!|
|Digital setting with buttons on the side|
|360" swivel cord|
|Digital blue lit display with bars indicating the temperature|
|Rounded end plates make straightening and curling easy|
What I love about it:
- The look of the black pink combination
- Light weight
- Very well made
- Curled plates on both ends to make curling easy
- Digital display with bars indicating the temperature
- Precise temperature settings
- Blue lit display stops blinking when ready to use
- Heat up and ready to be used within 15 seconds
- Hinge lock
- 360" swivel cord
- Auto turnoff
- Cheap ($35)
- Comes with an instructional DVD with brief demos
- Leave my hair smooth to the touch
What I don't like about it:
- Hair gets trapped sometimes between the gap of the plate and handle
- Has to push really hard sometimes when using the hinge lock
- Gets real hot sometimes might burn your assisting hand when pulling hair
More details in the video:
Overall I love it. It's a great product and is definitely much better of an investment than the Cortex Flat Iron Duo I had a review on awhile back. I have tested out my friend's Chi (the one that doesn't have temperature settings) but wasn't impressed by it. You get much more for this price. I really appreciate how much effort Remington has put into this tool.
Buy it here, or $29.77 from Amazon with Free Shipping using the link below.
Do you straight or curl your hair? How often do you do it and what do you use?